We stored the bottom flavors of those tender cookies devoted to the unique, with a carrot-rich dough brimming pecans. A thick layer of Bitter Cream Buttercream rounds out each chew with simply the correct quantity of tang.
Carrot Cake Sandwich Cookies
- 1 cup (227 grams) unsalted butter, softened
- 1¼ cups (275 grams) firmly packed darkish brown sugar
- ½ cup (100 grams) granulated sugar
- 2 giant eggs (100 grams), room temperature
- 2 teaspoons (eight grams) vanilla extract
- 2¾ cups (344 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons (Three grams) floor cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon (Three grams) kosher salt
- ¾ teaspoon (3.75 grams) baking soda
- ½ teaspoon (1 gram) floor allspice
- ½ teaspoon (1 gram) floor ginger
- 1½ cups (1 grams) old style oats
- 1 cup (107 grams) calmly packed grated carrot
- ½ cup (57 grams) finely chopped pecans*
- Bitter Cream Buttercream (recipe follows)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a number of baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Within the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and sugars at medium pace till fluffy, Three to four minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Add eggs, one by one, beating effectively after every addition. Beat in vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, whisk collectively flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, allspice, and ginger. With mixer on low pace, step by step add flour combination to butter combination, beating simply till mixed. Beat in oats, carrot, and pecans. Utilizing a 1½-tablespoon scoop, scoop dough (about 28 grams every). Utilizing floured arms, roll every dough scoop right into a clean ball; press right into a disk (2 inches in diameter and ⅝ inch thick). Place 2 inches aside on ready pans.
- Bake till edges are golden brown, 11 to 14 minutes. Let cool on pans for five minutes. Take away from pans, and let cool fully on wire racks.
- Place Bitter Cream Buttercream in a piping bag fitted with ½-inch spherical piping tip (Wilton 1A). Pipe a big dollop of buttercream onto flat facet of half of cookies, leaving a ¼-inch border. Place remaining cookies, flat facet down, on high of buttercream, urgent calmly to push buttercream to edges of cookies. Cowl and refrigerate till able to serve. Let stand at room temperature for 10 to 15 minutes to melt barely earlier than serving.
*We used Sunnyland Farms Uncooked Georgia Pecan Halves.
Bitter Cream Buttercream
- ½ cup (113 grams) unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup (120 grams) bitter cream, divided
- ½ teaspoon (2 grams) vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Three cups (360 grams) confectioners’ sugar, divided
- Within the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter till clean, about 1 minute. Add ¼ cup (60 grams) bitter cream, vanilla, and salt, beating simply till mixed. Add 1½ cups (180 grams) confectioners’ sugar, beating till mixed. Beat in remaining ¼ cup (60 grams) bitter cream. Add remaining 1½ cups (180 grams) confectioners’ sugar, beating till clean and fluffy. Use instantly.