This small-batch clover-style roll recipe contains dough infused with Corona® beer for a touch of malty taste and delicate sweetness that pairs completely with roasted garlic, cotija cheese, and cilantro. Obtain the clover form by putting three dough balls right into a muffin cup for a novel presentation.
Corona® Beer Rolls
- ¾ cup plus Three tablespoons (225 grams) heat Corona beer (105°F/41°C to 110°F/43°C), divided
- 2¼ teaspoons (7 grams) energetic dry yeast
- ¾ tablespoon (15.75 grams) honey
- 2⅔ cups (339 grams) bread flour
- 5 ounces (141 grams) crumbled cotija cheese, divided
- ½ recipe Roasted Garlic (recipe follows)
- 1 tablespoon (12 grams) granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon (2 grams) chopped contemporary cilantro
- ½ tablespoon (4.5 grams) kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons (28 grams) unsalted butter, melted
- Garnish: flaked sea salt, crumbled cotija cheese, chopped contemporary parsley
- In a small bowl, stir collectively ½ cup (120 grams) heat beer, yeast, and honey. Let stand till foamy, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Within the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook attachment, mix flour, Four ounces (113 grams) cheese, half of Roasted Garlic, sugar, cilantro, and kosher salt. Add yeast combination and remaining ¼ cup plus Three tablespoons (105 grams) heat beer, and beat at low pace till a clean, elastic dough varieties, eight to 9 minutes.
- Spray a big bowl with cooking spray. Place dough in bowl, turning to grease high. Cowl and let rise in a heat, draft-free place (75°F/24°C) till doubled in measurement, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Punch down dough, and end up onto a calmly floured floor. Divide dough into 12 parts (about 60 grams every). Working with 1 portion at a time (maintain remaining dough coated to forestall it from drying out), divide every portion into Three items (about 20 grams every). Roll every bit right into a ball. Place Three dough balls in every ready muffin cup. Cowl and let rise in a heat, draft-free place (75°F/24°C) till doubled in measurement, about 40 minutes. (Alternatively, cowl tightly, and refrigerate in a single day. When able to bake, let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.)
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Brush rolls with melted butter, and sprinkle with remaining 1 ounce (28 grams) cheese.
- Bake till golden brown and an instant-read thermometer inserted in middle registers 190°F (88°C), eight to 10 minutes, rotating pans midway via baking. Brush with melted butter once more, and sprinkle with sea salt, cheese, and cilantro, if desired. Serve heat or at room temperature.
- 1 massive (2½-inch) head garlic (about 73 grams)
- 1 teaspoon (5 grams) olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Reduce ¼ inch off high finish of garlic, protecting cloves intact. Place garlic, minimize aspect up, on foil. Drizzle with oil, and sprinkle with salt; wrap garlic in foil.
- Bake till tender, 1 hour to 1 hour and 10 minutes. Let cool fully. Squeeze pulp right into a small bowl, and mash with a fork.