Eggless Moist Chocolate Cake is a light, moist and delicious cake. I always love cakes with eggs but this time, I couldn’t tell that this is actually eggless. I decided to do a chocolate ganache frosting to go with it. It was heavenly when both the ganache and the cake melted in my mouth. Since there are quite a few requests on eggless cake, I hope this will be helpful and inspiring. Hope you’ll enjoy this video.
Two 8 inch baking pans
224g (1 3/4 cup) cake flour (or all-purpose flour)
96g (3/4 cup) cocoa powder
1 ½ tsp baking powder
1 ½ tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
280g (1 1/3 cup) castor sugar
112g (1/2 cup) coconut oil (or other types of vegetable oil)
120g (1/2 cup) yogurt
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar (or regular vinegar)
120 ml (1/2 cup) milk
178ml (3/4 cup) hot water + 2 tsp strong coffee powder
2 tsp vanilla extract
Chocolate Ganache Frosting
500g dark chocolate (or semisweet chocolate)
250g whipping cream (hot)
2 tbsp honey
1. Preheat oven at 350°F / 180°C. Prepare two 8 inch baking pans, grease and lay with parchment paper on the bottom of pans. Then dust some flour along the sides of the pan (optional). This is so that the cake doesn’t stick on the sides.
2. Sift all the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt). Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, add sugar and oil. Give it a good whisk until smooth. Add the yogurt, and continue whisking.
4. Add the vinegar and milk and whisk until well incorporated. Then add in the hot coffee and whisk until well incorporated.
5. Add the sifted dry ingredients in the batter, add in 2 batches. Mix until the flour disappear and the batter is smooth and creamy. Do not overmix.
6. Pour the batter into two 8 inch pans evenly. Tap the pans a few times on the table to release air bubbles.
7. Bake at 350°F / 180°C for 35 minutes. Test the cake with a cake test to make sure the cake is well cooked. Set aside on the cooling rack.
8. Prepare the frosting. In a large bowl, add the chocolate. Pour the hot whipping cream (not boiling) onto the chocolate. Let it sit for about 2 minutes. Use a spatula to fold in the cream and chocolate until it is smooth. If the chocolate is not smooth, you may put into the microwave for 15-20 seconds to prevent any lumps. Add in the honey. The chocolate will be runny at this point. Refrigerate the chocolate for about 30 minutes to get a thicker consistency.
9. Assemble the cake. The cake is ready to serve after the assembling.
Follow me at:
Imaginary Day by HookSounds http://www.hooksounds.com/ Creative Commons — Attribution 4.0 International — CC BY 4.0 https://creativecommons.org/licenses/… Music provided by Music for Creators https://youtu.be/Tfenfvh_rMU