Tailored from my favourite bakingaddiction.com/homemade-pizza-crust-recipe/" rel="">pizza crust recipe, this home made flatbread pizza bakes up into a skinny and chewy base to your favourite flatbread toppings. Faster, simpler, and thinner than pizza, this flatbread dough takes about 1 hour begin to end and is ideal for learners. I all the time love including garlic and Italian seasonings for additional taste!
bakingaddiction.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/flatbread-pizza.jpg" alt="margherita flatbread pizza" width="600" height="900" data-pin-description="Learn how to make homemade flatbread pizza dough using only a few simple ingredients. Top with your favorite pizza toppings like this margherita flatbread with mozzarella, basil, and fresh tomatoes. Recipe on sallysbakingaddiction.com" srcset="https://cdn.sallysbakingaddiction.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/flatbread-pizza.jpg 1200w, https://cdn.sallysbakingaddiction.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/flatbread-pizza-500x750.jpg 500w, https://cdn.sallysbakingaddiction.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/flatbread-pizza-600x900.jpg 600w, https://cdn.sallysbakingaddiction.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/flatbread-pizza-1024x1536.jpg 1024w" sizes="(max-width: 600px) 100vw, 600px">
Welcome to the bakingaddiction.com/april-baking-challenge-4/" rel="">April Baking Challenge! If you happen to’ve ever wished to attempt making restaurant-style skinny crust flatbreads, I’ve the proper place to begin for you. That is my EASY home made flatbread dough, a recipe I’ve been making for just a few years since I first revealed it with my bakingaddiction.com/zucchini-herbed-ricotta-flatbread/" rel="">zucchini & herbed ricotta flatbread variation. (Pictured subsequent!) Have you ever tried it but?
Right here’s why you need to…
Make This Flatbread Pizza As a result of:
- you don’t want many elements
- it’s faster than home made pizza
- the dough yields 2 flatbreads
- 1 full recipe is ideal for 2-Four folks
- it’s simpler to form than common pizza dough
- you’ll be able to eat it plain or with toppings
In different phrases, it’s the simpler, faster, and extra handy model of pizza dough.
bakingaddiction.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/zucchini-and-ricotta-flatbread-2.jpg" alt="zucchini herbed ricotta flatbread" width="600" height="900" data-pin-description="How to make delicious homemade flatbread pizza with herbed ricotta cheese, summer tomatoes, and fresh zucchini. Top with fresh basil or your favorite herbs. Recipe on sallysbakingaddiction.com" srcset="https://cdn.sallysbakingaddiction.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/zucchini-and-ricotta-flatbread-2.jpg 1200w, https://cdn.sallysbakingaddiction.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/zucchini-and-ricotta-flatbread-2-500x750.jpg 500w, https://cdn.sallysbakingaddiction.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/zucchini-and-ricotta-flatbread-2-600x900.jpg 600w, https://cdn.sallysbakingaddiction.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/zucchini-and-ricotta-flatbread-2-1024x1536.jpg 1024w" sizes="(max-width: 600px) 100vw, 600px">
What’s the Distinction Between Flatbread Pizza and Common Pizza?
Flatbread might be made with or with out yeast. My model requires yeast for the smallest little bit of rise, much like a skinny crust pizza. In order for you a no-yeast flatbread, I like to recommend looking for one other recipe that’s modified with out its addition. (Don’t merely depart the yeast out of this one!)
My common bakingaddiction.com/homemade-pizza-crust-recipe/" rel="">pizza dough bakes right into a thick, chewy, and soft-centered mattress to your favourite toppings. It’s a deeply cherished recipe on this web site and the one pizza dough recipe I take advantage of. Flatbread pizza is simply that– flatter pizza. Because it’s flatter, it doesn’t require as a lot yeast or rise time and is completely manageable should you’ve by no means made home made bread earlier than.
6 Ingredient Yeast Flatbread Pizza Dough
- Yeast: You should use on the spot or active-dry yeast with zero adjustments. If you happen to’re new to working with yeast, I like to recommend reviewing my bakingaddiction.com/baking-with-yeast/" rel="">Baking with Yeast information. I used to make flatbread with 1 and half of teaspoons of yeast, however just lately decreased it right down to 1 teaspoon. That is loads for a skinny flatbread crust. Notice that 1 teaspoon is lower than 1 customary packet.
- Sugar: Granulated sugar feeds the yeast. You solely want 1 teaspoon.
- Water: Flatbread and pizza dough are lean doughs, which means there isn’t lots of fats current. Whereas I make wealthy bakingaddiction.com/overnight-cinnamon-rolls/" rel="">overnight cinnamon rolls and bakingaddiction.com/how-to-make-homemade-glazed-doughnuts/" rel="">glazed doughnuts dough with milk, we don’t want that additional fats right here. We’re aiming for chewy and crisp, not voluptuous and smooth.
- Flour: You should use bread flour or all-purpose flour. Bread flour leaves a barely chewier texture, however the distinction is barely noticeable for the reason that crust is so skinny.
- Olive Oil: Provides taste. We’ll additionally brush the dough with olive oil earlier than baking, too.
- Salt: Provides taste.
Non-compulsory Additions: You may as well add some aptitude to this dough with a bit of garlic and/or Italian seasoning. Or add chopped recent herbs or freshly floor pepper, too.
bakingaddiction.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/margherita-flatbread-pizza.jpg" alt="homemade margherita flatbread pizza" width="600" height="900" data-pin-description="Learn how to make homemade flatbread pizza dough using only a few simple ingredients. Top with your favorite pizza toppings like this margherita flatbread with mozzarella, basil, and fresh tomatoes. Recipe on sallysbakingaddiction.com" srcset="https://cdn.sallysbakingaddiction.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/margherita-flatbread-pizza.jpg 1200w, https://cdn.sallysbakingaddiction.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/margherita-flatbread-pizza-500x750.jpg 500w, https://cdn.sallysbakingaddiction.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/margherita-flatbread-pizza-600x900.jpg 600w, https://cdn.sallysbakingaddiction.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/margherita-flatbread-pizza-1024x1536.jpg 1024w" sizes="(max-width: 600px) 100vw, 600px">
Home made Flatbread Pizza Video Tutorial
Watch this fast video tutorial. The method is de facto that straightforward!
Overview: How one can Make Flatbread Pizza Dough
- Combine the dough elements collectively by hand or use a hand-held or stand mixer.
- Knead by hand or beat the dough along with your mixer. I like doing this by hand and you’ll watch me within the video above.
- Place dough right into a greased mixing bowl, cowl tightly, and let it rise for 45 minutes.
- Punch down the marginally risen dough to launch air bubbles. Divide in half.
- Flatten the 2 doughs along with your fingers or with a rolling pin. The flatbreads might be any form you need so long as they’re about 1/Four inch thick. (Very skinny!) Dimple along with your fingers or with a fork, which helps stop any air bubbles. Brush with olive oil, which helps defend the crust from any sogginess lingering from the toppings.
- High with favourite flatbread toppings.
- Bake at a really excessive temperature for less than about 15 minutes or till evenly browned.
bakingaddiction.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/flatbread-pizza-dough-and-ingredients.jpg" alt="flatbread pizza dough and ingredients" width="600" height="382" data-pin-description="How to make homemade flatbread pizza on sallysbakingaddiction.com" srcset="https://cdn.sallysbakingaddiction.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/flatbread-pizza-dough-and-ingredients.jpg 1200w, https://cdn.sallysbakingaddiction.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/flatbread-pizza-dough-and-ingredients-500x318.jpg 500w, https://cdn.sallysbakingaddiction.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/flatbread-pizza-dough-and-ingredients-600x382.jpg 600w" sizes="(max-width: 600px) 100vw, 600px">
bakingaddiction.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/flatbread-pizza-dough.jpg" alt="flatbread pizza dough" width="600" height="382" data-pin-description="How to make homemade flatbread pizza on sallysbakingaddiction.com" srcset="https://cdn.sallysbakingaddiction.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/flatbread-pizza-dough.jpg 1199w, https://cdn.sallysbakingaddiction.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/flatbread-pizza-dough-500x318.jpg 500w, https://cdn.sallysbakingaddiction.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/flatbread-pizza-dough-600x382.jpg 600w" sizes="(max-width: 600px) 100vw, 600px">
You Can Take pleasure in it Plain
If desired, you’ll be able to skip the toppings and depart the flatbread plain. Within the subsequent two photos, I topped the doughs with recent garlic, sea salt, and freshly floor pepper. After baking, I sprinkled with recent parmesan cheese. Freshly baked plain flatbread seems like a complete deal with when served with marinara sauce, hummus, bakingaddiction.com/how-to-make-homemade-basil-pesto/" rel="">homemade pesto, and even mashed avocado and fried eggs (for an avocado toast variation!).
bakingaddiction.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/garlic-flatbread-pizza-dough-before-baking.jpg" alt="garlic flatbread pizza dough before baking" width="600" height="400" data-pin-description="How to make homemade flatbread pizza dough for the BEST flatbread crust! Recipe on sallysbakingaddiction.com" srcset="https://cdn.sallysbakingaddiction.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/garlic-flatbread-pizza-dough-before-baking.jpg 1200w, https://cdn.sallysbakingaddiction.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/garlic-flatbread-pizza-dough-before-baking-500x333.jpg 500w, https://cdn.sallysbakingaddiction.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/garlic-flatbread-pizza-dough-before-baking-600x400.jpg 600w" sizes="(max-width: 600px) 100vw, 600px">
bakingaddiction.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/flatbread-pizza-crust.jpg" alt="homemade flatbread pizza crust" width="600" height="900" data-pin-description="How to make homemade flatbread pizza dough for the BEST flatbread crust! Recipe on sallysbakingaddiction.com" srcset="https://cdn.sallysbakingaddiction.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/flatbread-pizza-crust.jpg 1200w, https://cdn.sallysbakingaddiction.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/flatbread-pizza-crust-500x750.jpg 500w, https://cdn.sallysbakingaddiction.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/flatbread-pizza-crust-600x900.jpg 600w, https://cdn.sallysbakingaddiction.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/flatbread-pizza-crust-1024x1536.jpg 1024w" sizes="(max-width: 600px) 100vw, 600px">
Flatbread Pizza Toppings
Or you will get artistic with varied toppings. Add these earlier than baking.
- Margherita Flatbread (pictured at the moment): See recipe be aware.
- bakingaddiction.com/sausage-garlic-pesto-flatbread/" rel="">Sausage & Garlic Pesto Flatbread
- bakingaddiction.com/zucchini-herbed-ricotta-flatbread/" rel="">Zucchini & Herbed Ricotta Flatbread
- half of cup goat or blue cheese per flatbread (1 cup complete) and half of cup recent apple or pear slices per flatbread (1 cup complete), plus a handful of recent arugula and/or drizzle of honey after baking
- 1/Four cup bakingaddiction.com/how-to-make-homemade-basil-pesto/" rel="">homemade pesto per flatbread (half of cup complete) & Four ounces sliced recent mozzarella per flatbread (eight ounces complete)
- bakingaddiction.com/homemade-bbq-chicken-pizza/" rel="">BBQ Chicken Pizza toppings*
- bakingaddiction.com/spinach-artichoke-white-cheese-pizza/" rel="">Spinach Artichoke White Cheese Pizza toppings*
*If you happen to’re utilizing toppings from my pizza recipes, you’ll want about 2/Three of the quantity. My pizza recipe toppings are sufficient for one 12-inch pizza and are greater than loads for two smaller flatbreads (the total recipe under).
Pre-cook: Any meats must be pre-cooked earlier than utilizing as a flatbread topping. If you wish to high the flatbread with greens, be happy to sauté or gently cook dinner them first. I normally don’t with spinach, peppers, and mushrooms, however with “more durable” veggies like broccoli or cauliflower, they’ll style higher in the event that they’ve been barely cooked earlier than utilizing as topping.
bakingaddiction.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/margherita-flatbread-before-baking.jpg" alt="margherita flatbread before baking" width="600" height="400" data-pin-description="How to make homemade flatbread pizza on sallysbakingaddiction.com" srcset="https://cdn.sallysbakingaddiction.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/margherita-flatbread-before-baking.jpg 1200w, https://cdn.sallysbakingaddiction.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/margherita-flatbread-before-baking-500x333.jpg 500w, https://cdn.sallysbakingaddiction.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/margherita-flatbread-before-baking-600x400.jpg 600w" sizes="(max-width: 600px) 100vw, 600px">
bakingaddiction.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/flatbread-pizza.jpg" alt="homemade flatbread pizza" width="600" height="900" data-pin-description="Learn how to make homemade flatbread pizza dough using only a few simple ingredients. Top with your favorite pizza toppings like this margherita flatbread with mozzarella, basil, and fresh tomatoes. Recipe on sallysbakingaddiction.com" srcset="https://cdn.sallysbakingaddiction.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/flatbread-pizza.jpg 1200w, https://cdn.sallysbakingaddiction.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/flatbread-pizza-500x750.jpg 500w, https://cdn.sallysbakingaddiction.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/flatbread-pizza-600x900.jpg 600w, https://cdn.sallysbakingaddiction.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/flatbread-pizza-1024x1536.jpg 1024w" sizes="(max-width: 600px) 100vw, 600px">
Get artistic! I can’t wait to listen to about the way you high your flatbread pizzas.
Extra Baking from Scratch
Observe these fundamental directions for skinny yeasted flatbread pizza crust. The recipe yields sufficient dough for 2 small flatbreads, every excellent for 1 hungry particular person or 2 folks to separate (2-Four folks complete). Freezing directions listed under. See all of my detailed topping ideas within the weblog put up above or recipe notes under.
- 1 teaspoon lively dry or on the spot yeast
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 3/Four cup (180ml) heat water, (between 100-110°F, 38-43°C)
- 2 cups (250g) all-purpose flour or bread flour (bakingaddiction.com/measuring-101/" rel="false noopener" data-saferedirecturl="https://www.google.com/url?q=http://sallysbakingaddiction.com/measuring-101/&source=gmail&ust=1572401297281000&usg=AFQjCNFnvNIpMHvj6pe-Qb9VpHzIEdJ5Sg">spoon & leveled), plus extra for fingers and floor
- 1 Tablespoon (15ml) olive oil, plus 1 teaspoon for brushing the dough
- 1 teaspoon salt
- non-compulsory: 1 teaspoon garlic powder or 1 clove minced garlic and/or 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Place the yeast and sugar within the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook or paddle attachment. Or, if you don’t personal a stand mixer, a daily giant mixing bowl. Pour heat water on high. Whisk gently to mix, then loosely cowl with a clear kitchen towel and permit to sit down for five minutes. The combination must be frothy after 5 minutes. If not, begin over with new yeast.
- If you happen to do not need a mixer, you’ll be able to combine by hand on this step. With the stand mixer operating on low velocity, add the flour, olive, oil, and salt. Beat on low velocity for 1 minute because it all combines. The dough must be thick and shaggy. Switch it to a evenly floured work floor, together with any unfastened flour. Knead it with evenly floured fingers for two minutes till it begins to return collectively and turns into clean. If the dough is just too sticky to deal with, add 1-2 extra Tablespoons of flour.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl (I take advantage of nonstick spray to grease) and canopy with plastic wrap, aluminum foil, or a clear kitchen towel. Enable to sit down and relaxation for 45 minutes at room temperature. As soon as it has rested and barely risen, you’ll be able to place it within the fridge for as much as 2 days. Extra directions within the make forward tip under.
- Because the dough is resting and rising, put together your toppings. See weblog put up and/or recipe be aware under.
- Preheat oven to 475°F (246°C).
- Form the dough: Punch the dough right down to launch any air. Divide the dough into two. On a evenly floured floor with floured fingers and dealing with one dough piece at a time, start shaping and stretching the dough till it’s 1/Four inch thick. You should use a floured rolling pin for this too. Don’t fear concerning the form of the dough, simply be sure it’s fairly skinny. Repeat with the second piece of dough. Fastidiously switch each items of dough to a parchment paper or silicone-mat lined baking sheet, or use a pizza stone. (You may as well form/roll out the doughs instantly on a silicone baking mat or a big sheet of parchment if that’s simpler for you after which simply switch the entire thing to the baking sheet.)
- Poke your fingers throughout the floor of the flatbreads or prick just a few holes with a fork. Drizzle or brush every with half of teaspoon of olive oil. High every along with your favourite toppings.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or till the crust and toppings are browned to your liking. Take away from the oven. Slice and serve heat.
- Cowl and retailer leftovers within the fridge for as much as 1 week.
- Make Forward & Freezing Directions: The dough might be ready by way of step 3, then after it has risen, cowl and place within the fridge for as much as 2 days. Proceed with step 5. To freeze the dough, put together it by way of step 3. After it has risen, punch it right down to launch any air. Divide it in 2, if desired, then wrap in plastic wrap and place in a freezer-friendly container for as much as Three months. When prepared to make use of, thaw the dough in a single day within the fridge. Then let the dough sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes earlier than stretching out/shaping and topping. If the thawed dough retains shrinking again as you attempt to form it, evenly cowl it with plastic wrap or a clear kitchen towel and let it relaxation on the counter or your work floor for 15 minutes. (The gluten simply wants an opportunity to settle.)
- Yeast: You should use on the spot or active-dry yeast with zero adjustments. If you happen to’re new to working with yeast, I like to recommend reviewing my bakingaddiction.com/baking-with-yeast/" rel="">Baking with Yeast information. I used to make flatbread with 1 and half of teaspoons of yeast, however just lately decreased it right down to 1 teaspoon. That is loads for a skinny flatbread crust. Notice that 1 teaspoon is lower than 1 customary packet. In order for you a no-yeast flatbread, I like to recommend looking for one other recipe that’s modified with out its addition. (Don’t merely depart the yeast out of this one!)
- Flour: I haven’t examined this recipe with entire wheat flour, however let me know should you do. It’s possible you’ll want a bit of additional liquid within the dough.
- Pictured Plain Flatbread: High with half of teaspoon every of olive oil as directed in step 7. Sprinkle every with 1 clove minced garlic. Sprinkle along with your desired quantity of sea salt and freshly floor black pepper. After baking, sprinkle with recent parmesan cheese (if desired).
- Pictured Margherita Flatbread: Slice eight ounces of recent mozzarella into skinny slices. High every flatbread with Four ounces every. High every with a handful of recent tomato slices and a sprinkle of chopped recent basil. If desired, sprinkle with recent parmesan cheese too. After baking, be happy to high with extra chopped recent basil.
- Non-compulsory Flavors in Dough: I like including garlic and Italian seasoning to this dough, as listed within the ingredient checklist above. If you happen to can’t discover a spice labeled “Italian Seasoning” within the spice aisle, use dried oregano, dried basil, and/or dried parsley as a substitute. Truthfully, any herb (recent or dried) that you simply love works.
Key phrases: flatbread, pizza
How one can Be part of Sally’s Baking Problem
Make my home made flatbread pizza recipe and both depart it plain or high along with your favourite pizza toppings. If you happen to’re not into this recipe, right here is the alternate April Baking Problem:
- bakingaddiction.com/category/sallys-baking-challenge/" rel="">any previous challenge recipe OR
- bakingaddiction.com/flaky-buttermilk-biscuits/" rel="">Biscuits (excellent should you don’t have yeast!)
- Use bakingchallenge/" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">#sallysbakingchallenge and tag me (@sallysbakeblog) in your public Instagram or Twitter account. (Instagram messages are arduous to trace, so please email instead.)
- Add your recipe picture to my bakingaddiction/" target="_blank" rel="false noopener noreferrer">Facebook page or Facebook group.
- Email me your recipe picture.
For a bonus entry, depart a evaluate on the recipe under!
By sharing your picture, you might be routinely entered within the baking problem for the bakingaddiction.com/april-baking-challenge-4/" rel="">$250 Amazon gift card prize. My assistants and I maintain observe of your pictures and randomly choose 1 winner on the finish of the month. The problem is open to the entire world. Problem ends on April 29th 2020 at 5pm ET. The winner can be chosen at random and posted within the Might Baking Problem weblog put up on April 30th 2020.