How To Make PLUM CAKE | Conventional CHRISTMAS CAKE Recipe | The Bombay Chef – Varun Inamdar
As Christmas is simply across the nook, do that conventional Plum Cake in style as Christmas Cake with Chef Varun Inamdar solely on Get Curried.
When an event knocks in your door, then it’s all the time advisable to welcome it with a sure diploma of ardour. As Christmas is simply across the nook, do that conventional plum cake which is nice as a dessert with a dollop of ice cream or works prefect together with your night tea too. Cheers!
250 gms Maida
250 gms softened butter
250 gms powdered sugar
1.5 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup citrus peels
1/2 cup prunes, chopped
1/2 cup black sultanas seedless (soaked in 1/Four cup orange juice)
1/2 cup raisins (soaked in 1/Four cup orange juice)
1 tbsp spice combine
For the spice combine
1 tbsp cloves
1 tsp black pepper
3-Four inexperienced cardamoms
1 black cardamom
2 nos 1 inch stick cinnamon
2 blades of mace
1 small star anise
½ tsp fennel seeds
60 grams egg whites (2 egg whites)
2 teaspoons contemporary lemon juice
Three cups (330 grams) icing sugar sifted
220 gms Icing sugar
30 ml water
1/2 tsp gelatin
1/2 tsp golden syrup
Bloom gelatin in water.
Add golden syrup. Warmth for 30 seconds or until the combination turns into clear. Pour over sieved sugar. Knead right into a comfortable pliable play dough like ball. Colour as required.
– In a big bowl, combine butter and powdered sugar collectively.
– Maintain including eggs and cream the combination properly.
– In one other bowl, sieve flour and baking soda properly.
– Equally sieve raisins and black sultanas which might be soaked in orange juice. Add this to the flour combine.
– Additionally add citrus peels and blend them properly.
– Add dry seedless plums and blend properly.
– As soon as the fruits are coated with the flour, combine them within the moist combination.
– Add the remaining juice from the soaked raisins and sultanas.
– Add the contemporary spice combine in to the batter and blend properly.
– Apply oil to the cake mildew and likewise mud it with flour.
– Place the batter within the cake mildew.
– Bake it for 40 to 45 minutes.
– Roll the coloured balls in to skinny disk and minimize them in leaves form.
– Form the leaves with the assistance of sponge in order to make it look pure.
– Like leaves, form berries as properly.
– Enable the cake to chill down fully.
– As soon as the cake is cooled, its time for frosting.
– Frost the cake evenly.
– Enhance as per your selection and creativity.
– Time to take pleasure in scrumptious plum cake!
For Spice Combine
– In a grinder add fennel seeds, star anise, black pepper, cloves, black cardamom, inexperienced cardamom, cinnamon stick, nutmeg and mace.
– Grind it in to a powder.
For Royal Icing
– Whisk the egg whites in a bowl and add icing sugar to this.
– Add lemon juice and hold whisking the icing sugar in to the combination concurrently.
– The royal icing is prepared. Maintain it below a humid fabric until its prepared to make use of.
Share this video on Fb – Tweet about it –
Host : Varun Inamdar
Director: Vaibhav Dhandha
Digital camera: Kavaldeep Singh Jangwal, Manjeet Katariya, Pratik Gamre
Enhancing: Ravi Varma
Inventive Head: Kavya Krishnaswamy
Producer: Rajjat A. Barjatya
Copyrights: Rajshri Leisure Pvt Ltd
Subscribe and Get common Updates:
Subscribe and Get common Updates: