SUBCRIBE to my YouTube pals for extra nice Cookie Recipes:
* Thoughts Over Munch: http://bit.ly/MindOverMunch
* The Grey Boxwood: http://bit.ly/TheGrayBoxwood
* Learn how to Cook dinner That: http://bit.ly/H2CThat
* Donal Skehan: http://www.youtube.com/donalskehan
* Merely Bakings: http://bit.ly/SimplyBakings
Hello Daring Bakers! This week, I am excited to share with you my conventional Irish Shortbread recipe with a BIG & BOLD twist: we’re making Shortbread Christmas Tree Cookies. Plus, watch a whole playlist of nice Christmas Cookie recipes as a part of the Kin Neighborhood Final Cookie Collaboration. So let’s get baking!
WATCH extra episodes of Greater Bolder Baking HERE:
* Gingerbread Home Log Cabin: http://bit.ly/gemsgingerbread
* Snow Globe Cake: http://bit.ly/gemmasglobecake
* Selfmade Fudge: http://bit.ly/gemmasfudge
* Vacation Ice Cream: http://bit.ly/gemsholidayicecream
* Gingerbread Trifle: http://bit.ly/gemmasholidaypies
FOLLOW ME HERE, FELLOW BOLD BAKERS
FULL RECIPE LISTED BELOW
Irish Shortbread Christmas Tree Cookies
FOR THE COOKIES:
3/Four pound butter, at room temperature
1 cup sugar, plus additional for sprinkling
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Three half of cups all-purpose flour
1/Four teaspoon salt
FOR THE ICING:
1 cup confectioners sugar (icing sugar)
inexperienced and yellow meals dye
Crimson edible pearl decorations
1. Preheat the oven to 350oF (180oC).
2. In an electrical mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, combine collectively the room temperature butter and sugar till they’re gentle and pale in coloration.
3. Add the vanilla.
4. In a medium bowl, sift collectively the flour and salt, then add them to the butter-and-sugar combination. Combine on low pace till the dough begins to return collectively. Dump onto a floor dusted with flour and form right into a flat disk. Wrap in plastic and chill for 60 minutes.
5. Roll the dough 1/2-inch thick and minimize utilizing star cutters. Right here is the place I purchased them: http://bit.ly/starcutters
6. Place the cookies on an ungreased baking sheet and sprinkle with sugar. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, till the sides start to brown evenly. Enable to chill to room temperature.
7. To make your frosting: Combine your confectioners sugar with just a few drops of water and stir. Take care to not add an excessive amount of for it is going to be actually exhausting to get it thick once more.
8. In seperate bowls, add the meals dye to succeed in desired coloration of inexperienced and yellow.
9. Frost every cookie for the bushes. Make certain to avoid wasting small stars to be dyed yellow to go on high. Depart to dry.
10. Stack the cookies on high of one another binding every layer with a drop of frosting.
11. As soon as dry, place your pearl decorations on the factors of the celebs.
12. End the tree by putting the star on high!!! Take pleasure in this cookie 🙂