In a candy ode to spring flowers and their pollinators, these seashell-shaped treats mix the attractive notes of lavender and honey. A remaining crunchy coat of lavender sugar brings an additional enhance of floral taste.
Lavender and Honey Madeleines
- ½ cup (110 grams) granulated sugar
- Three teaspoons (1.5 grams) edible dried lavender*, divided
- ½ cup (75 grams) all-purpose (plain) flour, sifted
- ⅓ cup (70 grams) castor (superfine) sugar
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 grams) baking powder, sifted
- ½ cup (76 grams) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 massive eggs (100 grams)
- 1 tablespoon (21 grams) honey
- 1 teaspoon (four grams) vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Place granulated sugar and a couple of teaspoons (1.5 grams) lavender in a medium bowl, and rub along with your fingertips to mix. Put aside.
- Butter a 12-well madeleine pan (1½-tablespoon-capacity per nicely). In a big bowl, sift collectively flour, castor sugar, and baking powder. Whisk in melted butter, eggs, honey, vanilla, and remaining 1 teaspoon lavender till clean. Divide combination amongst wells (about 28 grams every).
- Bake for eight to 10 minutes, or till puffed and golden. Take away heat madeleines from pan, and add to lavender sugar, gently tossing to coat. Let cool fully on wire racks earlier than serving.
*Edible dried lavender (pesticide-free) is on the market at well being meals shops, specialty grocers, and tea outlets.