Filled with peanut butter and strawberry jam, this epic PB&J Cake tastes similar to that previous easy, traditional sandwich everyone knows from our early days. And similar to that sandwich, you’ll flip to this cake many times for these scrumptious and comforting flavors. It’s that good!
- ¾ cup (222 grams) strawberry jam (see Notice)
- 2 tablespoons (16 grams) cornstarch
- ¾ cup (170 grams) unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup (150 grams) plus 1 tablespoon (12 grams) granulated sugar, divided
- ½ cup (110 grams) firmly packed mild brown sugar
- ½ cup (128 grams) creamy peanut butter
- 2 giant eggs (100 grams), room temperature
- 1 teaspoon (four grams) vanilla extract
- 2¾ cups (344 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons (7.5 grams) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon (Three grams) kosher salt
- 1¼ cups (300 grams) bitter cream, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 325°F (170°C). Butter and flour a 3-inch-tall, 8-inch-round cake pan. Wrap exterior of pan with foil, shiny facet out. Trim edges of foil even with rim of pan. (This prevents backside and sides of cake from getting too darkish.)
- In a small bowl, stir collectively jam and cornstarch. Put aside.
- Within the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter, ¾ cup (150 grams) granulated sugar, brown sugar, and peanut butter at medium velocity till fluffy, Three to four minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Add eggs, one by one, beating properly after every addition. Beat in vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, whisk collectively flour, baking powder, and salt. With mixer on low velocity, steadily add flour combination to butter combination alternately with bitter cream, starting and ending with flour combination, beating simply till mixed after every addition and stopping to scrape sides of bowl. (Batter might be thick.)
- Spoon half of batter into ready pan. Utilizing a small offset spatula, unfold batter in pan, making a ½-inch border of batter round edges. Spoon jam combination onto batter, utilizing an offset spatula to unfold jam combination inside border. Utilizing a spring-loaded scoop, scoop remaining batter throughout jam combination, smoothing high with offset spatula.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon (12 grams) granulated sugar, and loosely cowl with foil. Bake till golden brown and a picket choose inserted in middle comes out clear, about 1 hour extra. Let cool in pan for 25 minutes. Take away from pan, and let cool utterly on a wire rack.
Any taste of jam can be utilized, so be happy to make use of your favourite or no matter taste you might have readily available.