The piñon nuts (a.ok.a. pine nuts) make this model of the traditional Mexican marriage ceremony cookie much more decadent than the normal. They soften in your mouth and are good to your vacation celebration, ideally served with Champagne.
- 1 cup (135 grams) pine nuts, toasted
- ⅔ cup (80 grams) confectioners’ sugar, divided
- 1 cup (227 grams) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon (four grams) vanilla extract
- 2 cups (250 grams) all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon (1 gram) floor cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Garnish: confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°F (170°C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Within the work bowl of a meals processor, course of pine nuts and ⅓ cup (40 grams) confectioners’ sugar till finely floor.
- Within the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and remaining ⅓ cup (40 grams) confectioners’ sugar at medium velocity till creamy, 2 to three minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Beat in vanilla.
- With mixer on low velocity, progressively add nut combination, flour, cinnamon, and salt, beating simply till mixed. Utilizing a 1-tablespoon scoop, scoop dough, and roll into balls. Chill rolled dough for 15 minutes. Place 1 inch aside on ready pans.
- Bake till golden on backside however nonetheless pale on high, 12 to 15 minutes. Let cool utterly on pans. Mud with confectioners’ sugar, if desired., Retailer in an hermetic container for as much as 5 days.