SUBSCRIBE for extra BOLD recipes! http://bit.ly/GemmasBoldBakers
Study to bake a Purple Velvet Cake with a stunning Cheesecake inside!
VISIT my web site to print & share the Written Recipe: http://www.biggerbolderbaking.com/red-velvet-cake/
JUST RELEASED! Small-Batch Cupcakes Made in a Toaster Oven: http://bit.ly/GemsSmallBatchCupcakes
WATCH extra Greater Bolder Baking recipes right here:
* Purple Velvet Lava Cake: http://bit.ly/GemmasRVLavaCake
* Purple Velvet Ice Cream: http://bit.ly/RedVelvetIC
FULL RECIPE BELOW
Gemma’s Purple Velvet Cheesecake Cake
(Tailored from http://www.recipegirl.com/2011/11/28/red-velvet-cheesecake-cake)
This recipe has a number of steps to it, however it’s all price it ultimately! It is best to make the cheesecake layer sooner or later after which assemble the remainder of the cake the following.
1lb ( 2x 8ounce packages) cream cheese, at room temperature
2/Three cup (5oz/150g) granulated white sugar
pinch of salt
2 massive eggs
2/Three cup (5oz/150g) heavy whipping cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
RED VELVET CAKE:
2 half cups (1 lb Four oz) all objective flour
1 half cups (12oz/ 360g)granulated white sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
Three tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1 half teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 massive eggs, at room temperature
1 half cups (12 fl ozvegetable or canola oil
1 cup (eight oz )buttermilk
1/Four cup (Four tblsp) pink meals coloring (good high quality)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
2 half cups (1 lb Four oz) powdered sugar, sifted evenly to take away any lumps
1 lb (16 ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
half cup (4oz )unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1. Put together the cheesecake layer: Preheat oven to 325oF (160oC). Place a big roasting pan on the decrease third rack of the oven. Grease and line a 9-inch springform pan. Wrap a layer of foil across the backside and up the edges of the pan (you wish to seal it so the water from the water tub does not seep into the pan).
In a stand mixer or hand mixer combine the cream cheese till clean and creamy. Combine in sugar and salt and mix for two minutes, scraping down sides of the bowl as wanted. Add eggs, separately. Lastly, combine in whipping cream and vanilla. Combine till clean.
Pour the batter into the ready pan. Set the pan into the roasting pan within the pre-heated oven. Rigorously pour an inch of sizzling water into the roasting pan to manage the temperature.
Bake the cheesecake for 45 minutes. It needs to be set to the contact. Take away the cheesecake from the water pan and let it cool on a wire rack for no less than an hour. When it has cooled, place the cheesecake into the fridge and let the cheesecake go utterly chilly. The cheesecake could be made the day earlier than.
2. Put together the cake layers: Preheat oven to 350oF (180oC). Grease and line two 9-inch spherical cake tins.
In a big bowl, sieve collectively flour, sugar,cinnamon, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
In a separate jug, whisk collectively eggs, oil, buttermilk, meals coloring and vanilla.
Whisk into the flour combination. You are able to do it by hand. Take care to not overmix the batter. Unfold the batter evenly into the ready pans, dividing equally. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or till a toothpick inserted within the middle comes out clear. Let truffles cool within the tin then end up onto a rack to chill utterly.
3. Put together the frosting: In a big bowl, utilizing an electrical mixer on medium-high pace cream cheese, beat powdered sugar,butter and vanilla till it’s clean and creamy (don’t overbeat). Chill till wanted.
4. Assemble the cake: Place one cake layer clean aspect dealing with you.Rigorously lay on the cheesecake layer and peel off the parchment. Measure your cheesecake layer in opposition to the cake layers. If the cheesecake layer seems to be a barely bigger than your cake, gently shave off among the cheesecake to get it to the identical measurement as your cake layers. Place the 2nd cake layer on prime of the cheesecake, clean aspect dealing with you.
5. Frost the cake: Apply a crumb coat layer to the cake- use a protracted, skinny spatula to cowl the cake utterly with a skinny and even layer of frosting. Make sure you wipe off your spatula every time you’re about to dip it again into the bowl to get extra frosting (this manner you will not be transferring any pink crumbs into the bowl of frosting). Don’t fret at this level in regards to the crumbs being seen within the frosting on the cake. When your cake has a skinny layer of frosting throughout it, place it into the fridge for 30 minutes to “set” the frosting.
As soon as the primary layer of frosting is about, apply the 2nd layer. Begin by including a big scoop of frosting onto the highest of the cake. Use a protracted, skinny spatula to unfold the frosting evenly throughout the highest after which unfold it down the edges of the cake too. You should have no pink crumbs floating round within the ultimate frosting layer now, however some may sneak in :). Adorn, as desired. I piped rosettes. Preserve this cake refrigerated.