SUBSCRIBE for extra BOLD recipes! http://bit.ly/GemmasBoldBakers
Study to bake a Crimson Velvet Cake with a stunning Cheesecake inside!
VISIT my web site to print & share the Written Recipe: http://www.biggerbolderbaking.com/red-velvet-cake/
JUST RELEASED! Small-Batch Cupcakes Made in a Toaster Oven: http://bit.ly/GemsSmallBatchCupcakes
WATCH extra Larger Bolder Baking recipes right here:
* Crimson Velvet Lava Cake: http://bit.ly/GemmasRVLavaCake
* Crimson Velvet Ice Cream: http://bit.ly/RedVelvetIC
FULL RECIPE BELOW
Gemma’s Crimson Velvet Cheesecake Cake
(Tailored from http://www.recipegirl.com/2011/11/28/red-velvet-cheesecake-cake)
This recipe has a couple of steps to it, nevertheless it’s all price it ultimately! It is best to make the cheesecake layer at some point after which assemble the remainder of the cake the subsequent.
1lb ( 2x 8ounce packages) cream cheese, at room temperature
2/Three cup (5oz/150g) granulated white sugar
pinch of salt
2 massive eggs
2/Three cup (5oz/150g) heavy whipping cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
RED VELVET CAKE:
2 1/2 cups (1 lb Four oz) all goal flour
1 1/2 cups (12oz/ 360g)granulated white sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
Three tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 massive eggs, at room temperature
1 1/2 cups (12 fl ouncesvegetable or canola oil
1 cup (eight oz )buttermilk
1/Four cup (Four tblsp) pink meals coloring (good high quality)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
2 1/2 cups (1 lb Four oz) powdered sugar, sifted flippantly to take away any lumps
1 lb (16 ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
1/2 cup (4oz )unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1. Put together the cheesecake layer: Preheat oven to 325oF (160oC). Place a big roasting pan on the decrease third rack of the oven. Grease and line a 9-inch springform pan. Wrap a layer of foil across the backside and up the perimeters of the pan (you wish to seal it so the water from the water tub does not seep into the pan).
In a stand mixer or hand mixer combine the cream cheese till easy and creamy. Combine in sugar and salt and mix for two minutes, scraping down sides of the bowl as wanted. Add eggs, one by one. Lastly, combine in whipping cream and vanilla. Combine till easy.
Pour the batter into the ready pan. Set the pan into the roasting pan within the pre-heated oven. Rigorously pour an inch of scorching water into the roasting pan to manage the temperature.
Bake the cheesecake for 45 minutes. It ought to be set to the contact. Take away the cheesecake from the water pan and let it cool on a wire rack for at the least an hour. When it has cooled, place the cheesecake into the fridge and let the cheesecake go utterly chilly. The cheesecake might be made the day earlier than.
2. Put together the cake layers: Preheat oven to 350oF (180oC). Grease and line two 9-inch spherical cake tins.
In a big bowl, sieve collectively flour, sugar,cinnamon, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
In a separate jug, whisk collectively eggs, oil, buttermilk, meals coloring and vanilla.
Whisk into the flour combination. You are able to do it by hand. Take care to not overmix the batter. Unfold the batter evenly into the ready pans, dividing equally. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or till a toothpick inserted within the middle comes out clear. Let muffins cool within the tin then end up onto a rack to chill utterly.
3. Put together the frosting: In a big bowl, utilizing an electrical mixer on medium-high pace cream cheese, beat powdered sugar,butter and vanilla till it’s easy and creamy (don’t overbeat). Chill till wanted.
4. Assemble the cake: Place one cake layer easy aspect going through you.Rigorously lay on the cheesecake layer and peel off the parchment. Measure your cheesecake layer in opposition to the cake layers. If the cheesecake layer seems to be a barely bigger than your cake, gently shave off a number of the cheesecake to get it to the identical measurement as your cake layers. Place the 2nd cake layer on prime of the cheesecake, easy aspect going through you.
5. Frost the cake: Apply a crumb coat layer to the cake- use a protracted, skinny spatula to cowl the cake utterly with a skinny and even layer of frosting. Be sure you wipe off your spatula every time you’re about to dip it again into the bowl to get extra frosting (this manner you will not be transferring any pink crumbs into the bowl of frosting). Don’t be concerned at this level concerning the crumbs being seen within the frosting on the cake. When your cake has a skinny layer of frosting throughout it, place it into the fridge for 30 minutes to “set” the frosting.
As soon as the primary layer of frosting is about, apply the 2nd layer. Begin by including a big scoop of frosting onto the highest of the cake. Use a protracted, skinny spatula to unfold the frosting evenly throughout the highest after which unfold it down the perimeters of the cake too. You should have no pink crumbs floating round within the closing frosting layer now, however some may sneak in :). Enhance, as desired. I piped rosettes. Preserve this cake refrigerated.