In the case of celebrations, it’s go large or go house. Full of rainbow sprinkles and baked in a 9-inch springform pan, this big cookie is birthday party-ready.
Sprinkle Sugar Cookie
- ¾ cup (170 grams) unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup (110 grams) firmly packed gentle brown sugar
- ½ cup (100 grams) granulated sugar
- 1 massive egg (50 grams)
- 1 tablespoon (13 grams) vanilla extract
- 1 cup (127 grams) bread flour
- 1 cup (125 grams) all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons (10 grams) baking powder
- ½ teaspoon (1.5 grams) kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon (1.25 grams) baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon floor nutmeg
- ⅓ cup (59 grams) plus 1 tablespoon (10 grams) rainbow sprinkles*, divided
- Buttercream (recipe follows)
- Garnish: sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Butter and flour a 9-inch springform pan; line backside of pan with parchment paper.
- Within the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and sugars at medium velocity till fluffy, 2 to three minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Add egg, beating effectively. Beat in vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, whisk collectively flours, baking powder, salt, baking soda, and nutmeg. With mixer on low velocity, step by step add flour combination to butter combination, beating till mixed. Utilizing a rubber spatula, gently fold in ⅓ cup (59 grams) sprinkles. Unfold batter into ready pan, smoothing high with an offset spatula. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon (10 grams) sprinkles.
- Bake till heart is about and a wood decide inserted in heart comes out clear, 25 to 27 minutes. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Take away sides of pan, and let cool fully on base.
- Place half of Buttercream in a pastry bag fitted with a French star #4B tip. Place remaining Buttercream in a pastry bag fitted with a spherical #12 tip. Alternate piping stars and rounds round fringe of cookie. High with sprinkles, if desired.
PRO TIP: Gently folding within the sprinkles is vital to reduce breakage and bleeding throughout baking.
- ¼ cup (57 grams) unsalted butter, softened
- 1½ cups (180 grams) confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons (25 grams) heavy whipping cream
- ½ teaspoon (Three grams) vanilla bean paste
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Within the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter at medium velocity till clean. Steadily add confectioners’ sugar, beating till clean. With mixer on low velocity, add cream, vanilla bean paste, and salt, beating till mixed. Enhance mixer velocity to medium, and beat for 30 seconds. Use instantly.