This chilled cake’s luscious Strawberry Cream Cheese Mousse melts in your mouth with each brilliant pink chew.
Strawberry Icebox Cake
- ¼ cup (57 grams) unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup (100 grams) granulated sugar
- 1 giant egg (50 grams)
- 1 giant egg yolk (19 grams)
- ½ teaspoon (2 grams) vanilla extract
- ¾ cup (94 grams) cake flour
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 grams) baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon baking soda
- 2½ tablespoons (38 grams) entire buttermilk
- ¼ cup (80 grams) strawberry preserves
- ¼ cup (28 grams) finely chopped pecans*
- 6 to 7 drops liquid purple meals coloring
- 12 medium recent strawberries (168 grams), hulled and halved
- 2¼ cups (330 grams) thinly sliced hulled recent strawberries (⅛ to ¼ inch thick)
- Strawberry Cream Cheese Mousse (recipe follows)
- Sweetened Whipped Cream (recipe follows)
- Garnish: recent strawberries
- Preheat oven to 325°F (170°C). Line bottoms of three (8-inch) spherical cake pans with parchment paper; spray pans with baking spray with flour.
- Within the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and sugar at medium pace till fluffy, Three to four minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Add egg and egg yolk, one after the other, beating effectively after every addition. Beat in vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, whisk collectively flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Step by step add flour combination to butter combination alternately with buttermilk, starting and ending with flour combination, beating simply till mixed after every addition. Add preserves, pecans, and meals coloring, beating simply till mixed. Divide batter amongst ready pans, smoothing tops.
- Bake till a wood decide inserted in middle comes out clear, 12 to 15 minutes. Let cool utterly in pans. Take away from pans; discard parchment paper.
- Line backside of a 9-inch springform pan with parchment paper. Reduce 2 (3½-inch-wide) strips of parchment paper to line sides of pan. (You need the parchment to increase about ¼ inch increased than the edges of the pan.)
- Place 1 cake layer in middle of ready pan. Place halved strawberries, reduce facet out, round cake layer and in opposition to sides of pan. Place ¾ cup (110 grams) sliced strawberries in a decent single layer on prime of cake layer. Place 2⅓ cups (about 401 grams) Strawberry Cream Cheese Mousse in a big piping bag. Reduce a ½-inch opening in tip. Pipe mousse between halved strawberries (this ensures there are not any gaps); pipe mousse on prime of sliced strawberries, and clean prime. Prime with second cake layer. Place ¾ cup (110 grams) sliced strawberries in a decent single layer on prime of second cake layer. Place 2⅓ cups (about 401 grams) Strawberry Cream Cheese Mousse in piping bag. Pipe mousse in hole between cake and sides of pan; pipe mousse on prime of sliced strawberries, and clean prime. Prime with remaining cake layer, remaining ¾ cup (110 grams) sliced strawberries, and remaining 2⅓ cups (about 401 grams) mousse, smoothing prime. Cowl with plastic wrap, and refrigerate in a single day. (Alternatively, refrigerate for a minimum of four hours after which freeze for a minimum of 1 hour earlier than serving).
- When able to serve, take away sides of pan and parchment paper. Utilizing a scorching, dry metallic offset spatula, clean sides and prime of cake. Place Sweetened Whipped Cream in a small piping bag fitted with an open star tip (Wilton 4B). Beautify prime of cake, and garnish with recent strawberries, if desired. Serve instantly, or refrigerate till able to serve.
Strawberry Cream Cheese Mousse
- 16 ounces (454 grams) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (200 grams) granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup (107 grams) strawberry preserves
- 1 teaspoon (6 grams) vanilla bean paste
- 2 cups (480 grams) chilly heavy whipping cream
- 2 to three drops liquid purple meals coloring
- Within the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat cream cheese at medium-low pace till clean, about 1 minute. Add sugar, and beat at medium pace till clean. Beat in preserves and vanilla bean paste till mixed. Switch to a big bowl, and put aside.
- Clear bowl of stand mixer. Utilizing the whisk attachment, beat chilly cream at medium pace till thickened. Slowly enhance mixer pace to medium-high, and beat till stiff peaks type. Utilizing a whisk, fold about one-third of whipped cream into cream cheese combination by hand till mixed. Fold in meals coloring and remaining whipped cream till no streaks stay. Use instantly.
Sweetened Whipped Cream
- ½ cup (120 grams) chilly heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons (14 grams) confectioners’ sugar
- In a medium bowl, whisk collectively chilly cream and confectioners’ sugar by hand till medium peaks type. Use instantly, or refrigerate till prepared to make use of.