Seize the essence of the season with these tender strawberry- and pecan-studded scones. Sunnyland Farms Uncooked Georgia Pecan Halves spotlight the sweetness of the strawberries with wealthy, buttery notes whereas lending irresistible crunch to each chew. Topped with a velvety vanilla glaze, these scones are next-level scrumptious.
Strawberry Pecan Scones
- 2 cups (250 grams) all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup (73 grams) firmly packed mild brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons (10 grams) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon (Three grams) kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon floor cinnamon
- ¼ cup (57 grams) chilly unsalted butter, cubed
- ¾ cup (180 grams) chilly heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon (6 grams) vanilla bean paste
- ¼ teaspoon (1 gram) tightly packed orange zest
- ½ cup (85 grams) ½-inch-chopped contemporary strawberries, patted dry
- ½ cup (57 grams) chopped toasted Sunnyland Farms Uncooked Georgia Pecan Halves
- 2 tablespoons (14 grams) chopped Sunnyland Farms Uncooked Georgia Pecan Halves
- 1 giant egg (50 grams), flippantly crushed
- Glowing sugar, for sprinkling
- Vanilla Bean Glaze (recipe follows)
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a big bowl, whisk collectively flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon, breaking apart any clumps by hand if wanted. Utilizing a pastry blender or 2 forks, minimize in chilly butter till combination resembles coarse crumbs.
- In a small bowl, stir collectively chilly cream, vanilla bean paste, and orange zest. Regularly add cream combination to flour combination, stirring with a fork till dry components are moistened. Gently stir in strawberries and toasted pecans. (It’s OK if dough is crumbly or shaggy in components.)
- End up dough onto a really flippantly floured floor; knead gently four to six occasions to carry dough collectively. Roll or pat dough right into a 7-inch circle (1-inch thickness), flippantly flouring floor as wanted to forestall sticking. Utilizing a bench scraper or a thin-bladed knife, minimize dough circle into eight wedges; gently press uncooked pecans into tops of scones as desired. Place scones at the least 2 inches aside on ready pan. Freeze for 15 minutes.
- Brush tops of scones with egg wash, and sprinkle with glowing sugar.
- Bake till golden brown and a wood choose inserted in middle comes out clear, 20 to 22 minutes. Let cool to room temperature. Spoon Vanilla Bean Glaze right into a small pastry bag; minimize a ¼-inch opening in tip. Drizzle onto scones as desired.
Vanilla Bean Glaze
- ⅔ cup (80 grams) confectioners’ sugar
- 2½ tablespoons (37.5 grams) heavy whipping cream
- ½ teaspoon (Three grams) vanilla bean paste
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- In a small bowl, stir collectively all components till easy. Use instantly.