This elegant pull-apart star has a very elastic and forgiving dough.
Blueberry-Lemon Cream Cheese Bread
- 3¼ cups plus 2 tablespoons (422 grams) all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup (50 grams) granulated sugar
- 1 (0.25-ounce) bundle (7 grams) prompt yeast
- 2 teaspoons (6 grams) kosher salt
- 1 cup (240 grams) complete milk
- ¼ cup (57 grams) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 giant eggs (100 grams), room temperature and divided
- 2 teaspoons (12 grams) vanilla bean paste
- four ounces (113 grams) cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup (30 grams) confectioners’ sugar
- ¼ cup (9 grams) freeze-dried blueberries, finely crushed*
- 1 tablespoon (Three grams) lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon (15 grams) frivolously overwhelmed egg white
- ¼ teaspoon floor cardamom
- 1 tablespoon (15 grams) water
- Glowing sugar, for sprinkling
- Cream Cheese Glaze (recipe follows)
- Within the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat 1 cup (125 grams) flour, granulated sugar, yeast, and salt at medium-low pace till nicely mixed, stopping to scrape sides of bowl.
- In a medium saucepan, warmth milk and butter over medium warmth till an instant-read thermometer registers 120°F (49°C) to 130°F (54°C). Add milk combination to flour combination; beat at medium pace for two minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Add 1 egg (50 grams) and vanilla bean paste; beat at medium-high pace for two minutes. With mixer on low pace, regularly add remaining 2¼ cups plus 2 tablespoons (297 grams) flour, beating simply till mixed and stopping to scrape sides of bowl.
- Swap to the dough hook attachment. Beat at medium pace till a tender, considerably sticky dough kinds, 6 to eight minutes, stopping to scrape dough hook and sides of bowl. (Dough ought to cross the windowpane take a look at (see Observe) however should still stick barely to sides of bowl.)
- Spray a big bowl with cooking spray. Place dough in bowl, turning to grease prime. Cowl and let rise in a heat, draft-free place (75°F/24°C) till doubled in dimension, 40 minutes to 1 hour.
- Line a 17½×12½-inch light-colored rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, stir collectively cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar, blueberries, lemon zest, egg white, and cardamom till nicely mixed.
- Frivolously punch down dough; cowl and let stand for five minutes. Prove dough, and divide into four parts (about 200 grams every); gently form every right into a ball. Cowl with plastic wrap, and let stand for 15 minutes. Holding different parts lined with plastic wrap, roll and pat 1 portion into an 11-inch circle; gently place on ready pan. (Dough could shrink barely.) Unfold one-third of cream cheese combination (about 3½ tablespoons [55 grams]) onto dough circle, leaving a ½-inch border. Repeat process twice. Roll remaining dough portion into an 11-inch circle, and place on prime of earlier layers.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Place a 1½-inch spherical cutter in heart of dough; gently press down simply to go away a mark. Utilizing a pointy knife or a pizza wheel, make 16 evenly spaced cuts working from heart mark to fringe of dough. Greedy 1 lower piece in every hand, twist parts outward and away from one another twice; pinch ends firmly collectively to stick. Repeat with remaining lower parts. Cowl and let rise in a heat, draft-free place (75°F/24°C) till practically doubled in dimension, 30 to 45 minutes. Pinch ends collectively once more, if crucial.
- In a small bowl, whisk collectively 1 tablespoon (15 grams) water and remaining 1 egg (50 grams). Brush prime of dough with egg wash; sprinkle with glowing sugar.
- Bake till golden brown and an instant-read thermometer inserted in heart registers a minimum of 190°F (88°C), 16 to 22 minutes, frivolously protecting with foil to forestall extra browning, if crucial. Let cool fully on pan.
- Simply earlier than serving, spoon Cream Cheese Glaze right into a small piping bag; lower a ¼-inch opening in tip. Pipe over bread as desired.
Take a look at the dough for correct gluten improvement utilizing the windowpane take a look at. Pinch of (don’t tear) a small piece of dough.
Slowly pull the dough out from the middle. If the dough is prepared, it is possible for you to to stretch it till it’s skinny and translucent like a windowpane. If the dough tears, it’s not fairly prepared; beat for 1 minute, and take a look at once more.
Cream Cheese Glaze
- ¼ cup (30 grams) confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 2 ounces (57 grams) cream cheese, softened
- 1½ tablespoons (22.5 grams) complete milk
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- In a small bowl, whisk collectively all components till clean. Use instantly.