This Home made Granola Bars Recipe is a chewy, crunchy, taste packed no- bake recipe! Good as a lunch field snack or an on-the-go deal with these are salty, candy, wholesome and adaptable.
These Home made Granola Bars Are An Simple No-Bake Snack!
Belief me, I purchase granola bars ALL the time…I’m not over right here making do-it-yourself granola bars for my wee treasured youngsters to pack of their bento field lunches. My children purchase lunch at college greater than we pack, and seize Oreos extra usually than they eat a Home made Granola Bar. BUT with all that stated, I do actually love making snacks for my household…I simply don’t do it as usually as I ought to!
And this recipe is the final word instance. These Granola Bars are SO simple to make, fully adaptable to go well with any style, and have the proper salty/candy chunk. Plus, making granola bars from scratch makes me joyful. It’s a factor.
Are Granola Bars Good For You?
With the ability to management the components that go into your bars provides you the ability!
Whereas I’m definitely no nutritionist, I can say that making granola bars at residence definitely means that you can management what goes into them. When you’re attempting to chop again on sugar, omit the chocolate chips, or if you wish to add just a little protein, go forward and throw in a scoop of protein powder or nuts!
Are These Granola Bars Chewy or Crunchy?
My recipe for granola bars provides you chewy bars which might be crammed with crunchy components…make sense? So whereas pretzels and granola are crunchy, they’re, as a complete, a chewy bar…received it?
What Elements Do You Want To Make Granola Bars?
I take a significant shortcut in these bars my beginning with a pre-made granola. You possibly can ABSOLUTELY make your own granola and use that as the bottom in case you wan to go fully “from scratch”. However for the sake of preserving it simple, I often use retailer purchased. Listed here are the opposite components:
- Honey Brown, Brown Sugar, and Butter. The combination of those Three components creates the binding. It holds your bars collectively whereas preserving them chewy.
- Rice Krispies Cereal. The addition of crispy rice cereal provides crunch!
- Raisins and Chocolate Chips. These are literally each optionally available components by way of taste. When you hate raisins, omit them and add in some nuts or extra granola of their place. Don’t need to add chocolate chips? No downside, depart them out!
- Pretzels. I received just a little inventive with my recipe and added some damaged pretzels. I like the salty crunch they add!
How To Make Chewy Granola Bars
The key to preserving these chewy is the combo of butter, honey, and brown sugar AND the truth that you don’t bake these!
You possibly can definitely bake them in case you desire they’re crunchy, however it’s no needed! When you have been to bake them, I’d advocate baking at 300°F for 25 minutes. Lower them within the pan whereas they’re nonetheless heat after which permit them to chill fully to crisp up!
How Can You Swap Up This Recipe?
That is a straightforward recipe to make your personal. Simply keep in mind the trick to those bars working is the ratio of mix-ins to the honey/butter/sugar. When you add in too many extras you’ll find yourself with dry, crumbly bars. When you omit among the mix-ins and don’t substitute them with one thing else, you should have sticky, mushy bars. So simply maintain the proportions intact! Listed here are a number of concepts to get you began, however you may be inventive and provide you with your personal:
- Use any taste granola you want! There are such a lot of enjoyable flavors available on the market now, that is a straightforward place to start out! I often simply use an Oats & Honey flavored granola, which is a superb place to start out!
- Skip the raisins and use one other sort of dried fruit. Craisins are nice in these…particularly in case you swap out the chocolate and peanut butter chips for white chips! Dried cherries paired with chocolate chips could be scrumptious as effectively! The chances are limitless!
- Add nuts or seeds! After all you possibly can add nuts to those…I’d begin with 1/2 cup chopped nuts instead of 1/2 cup of the opposite components.
- Protein powder. When you like protein powder you possibly can completely use some on this recipe. Combine it into the honey combination to ensure it will get dissolved!
Make Certain Your Granola Bars Don’t Fall Aside!
It’s the particular mixture of honey, brown sugar, and butter that’s the particular sauce to holding the bars collectively. I performed round with a variety of totally different measurements for the “glue”, and I got here up with the proper combo. They maintain collectively superbly, however should not too sticky!
And don’t overlook you must press the granola combination into the pan firmly to carry collectively as effectively. The tighter you pack the bars, the extra dense they are going to be! The lighter you pack the granola, the extra seemingly you’re to having your bars disintegrate.
How Lengthy Do These Final?
These maintain rather well at room temperature, so long as you retailer them hermetic! You should use a zip-top bag, or an hermetic container with a lid.
When you stack them in a container, I do advocate inserting a sheet of parchment paper down in between the layers so that they don’t stick collectively!
Can You Freeze Granola Bars?
Completely! You possibly can freeze these granola bars in an hermetic container for as much as 2 months!
Wanting For Extra Granola Recipes? Strive These:
These Simple No Bake Granola Bars are the proper lunch field deal with or snack on the go!
- 1/four cup butter
- 1/2 cup mild brown sugar
- 1/four cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups granola, any taste you like
- 1 cup Rice Krispies
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup skinny pretzel sticks damaged in half
- 1/four cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/four cup peanut butter chips
- Line a 9×13 pan with parchment paper or foil. Put aside.
- In a big saucepan or Dutch oven on medium-high warmth, mix the brown sugar, honey, butter, and salt, stirring incessantly till the sugar is dissolved and the butter is melted.
- Take away the pan from the warmth and stir within the granola, Rice Krispies, raisins, pretzels, and salt till evenly mixed.
- Press the combination evenly into the ready pan. Press the chocolate and peanut butter chips evenly into the highest.
- Place the pan within the fridge for 20 minutes to set.
- Take away the bars from the pan utilizing the parchment or foil. Lower into 2 x 3- inch bars.
You should use any model or taste granola you like.
You should use any mixture of 1/2 chips you want
Retailer hermetic at room temperature for as much as 5 days
recipes-serving-size">1 barrecipes-calories">183recipes-sugar">18.9 grecipes-sodium">98.9 mgrecipes-fat">7.7 grecipes-carbohydrates">27.four grecipes-protein">2.eight grecipes-cholesterol">6.eight mg
Key phrases:: cookies and cups, granola bars, do-it-yourself granola bars, chewy granola bars, no bake granola bars, methods to make granola bars
Need To Save This Recipe?
PIN for later: