My Lemon Chiffon Cake Recipe is extremely smooth, gentle, and calmly lemon flavored. I topped it with a candy lemon buttercream frosting to make the right Spring dessert!
In the event you love lemon cake, be certain that to attempt my Lemonade Cake too!
Lemon Chiffon Cake Is The Final Spring Dessert!
Spring is right here, Easter is correct across the nook, and fairly pastels are entrance and heart. So I believed it was time for me to share my Lemon Chiffon Cake Recipe with you all! I really feel like chiffon cake pairs completely with gentle citrus flavors, so you may even make this a lime, orange, or grapefruit chiffon cake too!
What Is Chiffon Cake?
Chiffon Cake is an ethereal, gentle cake made with vegetable (or canola) oil. The egg whites are whipped individually and folded into the batter creating quantity and giving it the ethereal texture.
It’s completely different than an angel meals cake as a result of whilst you whip the egg whites individually, you continue to use the yolks!
I Partnered With Bob’s Pink Mill On This Lemon Chiffon Cake!
I’ve teamed up with Bob’s Pink Mill now for Three years on recipes. I LOVE this firm you guys. They’ve merchandise for all of your baking wants whereas additionally catering to these in your loved ones who may need meals allergy symptoms. They’ve complete grain, gluten free, paleo, vegan, natural, and stone-ground. Listed here are a couple of of the recipes that I’ve made in partnership with them:
On this Chiffon Cake I used Bob’s Unbleached All-Function Flour which is premium baking flour freshly milled from licensed natural, laborious crimson wheat.
What Sort Of Pan Do You Want?
You’ll need a tube pan, often known as an angel meals cake pan. Such a pan may have a tube within the heart, like a bundt pan, BUT the edges are straight, and the underside separates from the edges.
This is the pan I’ve and use!
Why Separate the Eggs?
To get that gentle, ethereal texture it is advisable to whip the egg whites individually. As soon as they’ve been whipped till they attain stiff peaks you may fold this into the batter and it creates quantity and a lightness to the batter.
Why Do You Cool This Chiffon Cake Upside Down?
I like to recommend the trick of inserting the pan the other way up on a wine bottle to chill. This serves two functions:
- Cooling the cake the other way up prevents the cake from collapsing. Chiffon cake is gentle and ethereal and also you don’t need it to deflate or collapse. Cooling it this manner lets gravity help on this!
- And cooling it within the air on a wine bottle prevents condensation from increase because it cools the other way up. If it wasn’t elevated, steam would get trapped underneath the pan inflicting the cake to get soggy on high!
What Sort Of Frosting Do You Use On Chiffon Cake?
I really like this cake paired with a easy lemon buttercream, but when buttercream isn’t your factor, listed here are a couple of different concepts:
- Skip the frosting and mud the cake with powdered sugar
- Serve with a dollop of whipped cream
- A Glaze icing drizzled on high could be scrumptious. Simply mix 1 half of cups of powdered sugar with somewhat lemon zest and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Combine till clean and drizzle on high!
This Lemon Chiffon Cake is gentle, candy and topped with creamy lemon buttercream frosting!
- 2 cups all function flour
- Three teaspoons baking powder
- 1 half of cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 7 giant eggs, separated
- 3/four cup water
- half of cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 half of tablespoons lemon zest (roughly 3 giant lemons)
- half of teaspoon cream of tartar
- half of cup butter, room temperature
- Three cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/four cups freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Cake: Preheat oven to 325°F. Prepare the oven so you may bake the cake on the bottom rack. Put aside a a 10- inch tube pan (Angel Meals Cake pan).
- Within the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, sift collectively the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- In a small bowl whisk collectively the egg yolks, water, oil, vanilla, and lemon zest. When mixed, add this into the bowl with the flour combination. Combine on medium-low pace till mixed and clean, scraping the edges of the bowl as mandatory.
- Place the egg whites in a separate giant mixing bowl with the cream of tartar. With the whisk attachment or a hand mixer, beat the egg whites on excessive pace till stiff peaks kind.
- Fold the egg whites into the batter utilizing a rubber spatula till mixed. Spoon the batter into the un-greased tube pan.
- Place the pan on the bottom rack and bake for 50 minutes, or till golden and set. Cake will spring again when pressed calmly.
- When the cake is finished, instantly invert the pan. I like to position the pan on a wine bottle upside-down. This permits the pan to chill with out trapping steam beneath, whereas not permitting the cake to deflate.
- Enable the cake to chill for at the very least an hour.
- When cooled, run a butter knife across the sides of the cake to launch it from the pan. Gently carry the cake out. Run the knife underneath the cake to launch it from the underside cake pan. Place the cake on a platter.
- Frosting: Within the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment combine collectively the butter, powdered sugar, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Flip the mixer as much as medium pace and beat for 1-2 minutes till creamy, scraping the edges of the bowl as mandatory,
- Unfold the frosting on high of the cake.
Retailer hermetic for as much as Three days.
recipes-serving-size">1 slicerecipes-calories">579recipes-sugar">65.6 grecipes-sodium">288 mgrecipes-fat">23.7 grecipes-carbohydrates">87.5 grecipes-protein">7.1 grecipes-cholesterol">154.6 mg
Key phrases:: cookies and cups, chiffon cake, lemon cake, cake recipe, buttercream
Need To Save This Recipe?
PIN for later: