Impressed by French silk pie, this tangy tart receives a triple enhance of cream cheese in its crust, filling, and whipped topping.
recipe-71972-0" class="easyrecipe" itemscope itemtype="http://schema.org/Recipe">
Silky Chocolate Tart
- ½ cup (113 grams) unsalted butter, softened
- ⅓ cup plus 2 teaspoons (85 grams) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (125 grams) all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon (1.5 grams) kosher salt
- ¼ cup (50 grams) granulated sugar
- ¼ cup (55 grams) firmly packed gentle brown sugar
- 2 giant eggs (100 grams)
- 2.5 ounces (71 grams) 64% cacao semisweet chocolate baking bars, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon (2 gram) espresso powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup (57 grams) unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ cup (56 grams) cream cheese, softened
- 1¼ cups (300 grams) chilly heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon (20 grams) espresso liqueur*
- Three ounces (85 grams) cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup (67 grams) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (240 grams) chilly heavy whipping cream
- Garnish: chocolate shavings
- recipeInstructions">For crust: Within the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and cream cheese at medium velocity till easy. With mixer on low velocity, steadily add flour and salt, beating till mixed. Prove dough onto a calmly floured floor, and form right into a disk. Wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for no less than 1 hour.
- recipeInstructions">Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Flippantly spray a 1-inch-tall, 9½-inch fluted spherical removable-bottom tart pan with cooking spray.
- recipeInstructions">Let dough stand at room temperature till barely softened, about 10 minutes. On a calmly floured floor, roll dough to a 12-to 13-inch circle (about ⅛ inch thick). Switch to ready pan, urgent into backside and up sides. Trim extra dough. Utilizing a fork, prick backside and sides of dough. Freeze till agency, about 15 minutes.
- recipeInstructions">Flippantly spray a bit of parchment paper with cooking spray; high dough with parchment, spray aspect down, letting ends lengthen over edges of pan. Add pie weights.
- recipeInstructions">Bake till edges are calmly golden and set, about 20 minutes. Fastidiously take away paper and weights. Bake till crust is golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes extra, pricking backside and sides with a fork once more and gently urgent down heart of crust if wanted. (It’s OK if crust shrinks barely in pan.) Let cool utterly in pan on a wire rack.
- recipeInstructions">For filling: Within the high of a double boiler, whisk collectively sugars and eggs. Cook dinner over simmering water, stirring typically, till combination is thick sufficient to coat the again of a spoon and an instant-read thermometer registers 160°F (71°C), 5 to 10 minutes. Add chocolate, espresso powder, and salt, stirring till easy and properly mixed. Take away from warmth; let cool for 10 minutes
- recipeInstructions">In the meantime, within the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter at medium velocity till creamy, 30 seconds to 1 minute, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Add cream cheese; beat at medium velocity till easy and properly mixed, about 30 seconds, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Beat in cooled chocolate combination till properly mixed, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Switch combination to a big bowl.
- recipeInstructions">Clear bowl of stand mixer. Utilizing the whisk attachment, beat cream and occasional liqueur at medium-high velocity till stiff peaks kind, 2 to three minutes. Fold cream combination into chocolate combination in three additions till easy and properly mixed; spoon into ready crust, piling excessive; unfold and swirl with an offset spatula or the again of a spoon as desired.
- recipeInstructions">For topping: Clear bowl of stand mixer and whisk attachment. Beat cream cheese and sugar at medium velocity till easy and properly blended, about 1 minute, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Cut back velocity to medium-low; slowly beat in one-third of cream till easy, stopping regularly to scrape sides of bowl. Enhance mixer velocity to medium, and steadily add remaining cream, beating till stiff peaks kind, 2 to four minutes. (Don’t overprocess.) Unfold and swirl topping on high of tart as desired. Refrigerate for no less than four hours or in a single day. Simply earlier than serving, garnish with chocolate shavings, if desired.