Snickerdoodle Bars are thick, chewy, buttery cookie bars topped with cinnamon sugar. Your favourite basic cookie in bar kind!
Make sure that to take a look at my Perfect Snickerdoodles Cookie Recipe too! It’s THE BEST!
Snickerdoodle Bars Are Your Favourite Basic Cookie In A Chewy Bar!
OK, these bars…you guys…they’re completely scrumptious. They’re mainly a Snickerdoodle once you don’t really feel like baking a number of batches of cookies! So mainly a lazy snickerdoodle!
As an alternative of scooping cookie dough, rolling it within the cinnamon sugar and baking them in batches you are able to do it multi function 9×13 pan, reducing your lively prep time in half! I haven’t cured most cancers over right here, however I really feel like I’m fixing issues and being helpful…a minimum of on this planet of cookie baking. Attempting to do my half.
Do These Bars Style Totally different Than A Snickerdoodle Cookie?
Sort of however not likely…right here’s the deal…they’re bars not cookies. So you’ve gotten a thick, uniform, rectangular formed cookie that has been reduce into items…so no crispy edges and smooth facilities. I imply the juxtaposition in textures is mainly what offers a cookie its magic, I get it.
However with Snickerdoodle Bars you’ve gotten a thick, chewy bar that’s smooth and melty with a slight crunch on prime, because of the cinnamon sugar. In fact, you do have the sting items within the pan, so if you’re after that chewy, crunchy edge, you’re nonetheless all set! Heck, you would even use THIS pan.
Why Don’t These Bars Have Cream of Tartar?
Since these bars have 2 teaspoons of baking powder in them you don’t want the cream of tartar. However I’ve been instructed by lots of the Snickerdoodle police right here on the web if the recipe doesn’t include cream of tartar they will’t really be known as Snickerdoodles. I don’t purchase into that logic, however I’m simply telling you what folks wish to say…
So to appease the Snickerdoodle traditionalists I’m right here to let you CAN add 1 teaspoon of cream of tartar + 1 teaspoon of baking soda as a substitute of the baking powder. Outcomes would be the similar, although. I promise.
Can I Freeze These Snickerdoodle Bars?
Completely. These cookie bars freeze superbly! Right here’s how:
- Lower them and allow them to cool fully.
- Stack them in a big hermetic container, separating the layers with a bit of parchment paper.
- Freeze for as much as a month.
- Permit the bars to thaw at room temperature.
Wanting For Extra Snickerdoodle Recipes? I Have Tons!
Your favourite basic cookie become a bar! Chewy, buttery, and topped with cinnamon sugar!
- 2 2/three cups all objective flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups packed mild brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F°. Line a 9 x 13 inch pan with parchment paper and coat with nonstick spray, put aside.
- Within the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment combine collectively the butter and sugar for two minutes on medium velocity. Add within the eggs, vanilla, baking powder, and salt and blend for 1 minute till mixed and clean, scraping the perimeters of the bowl as mandatory.
- Flip the mixer to low and add within the flour, mixing till simply mixed.
- Unfold the batter into the ready pan.
- In small bowl mix the granulated sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle this evenly on prime of the batter.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or till edges are set and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clear.
- Cool barely. Whereas nonetheless heat, reduce into bars with a pointy knife.
Retailer hermetic at room temperature for as much as three days.
Freeze in an hermetic container for as much as a month.
recipes-serving-size">1 barrecipes-calories">201recipes-sugar">19 grecipes-sodium">110.1 mgrecipes-fat">8.2 grecipes-carbohydrates">30.three grecipes-protein">2.1 grecipes-cholesterol">35.Eight mg
Key phrases:: cookies and cups, snickerdoodles, snickerdoodle bars, cookie bars, snickerdoodle recipe
Need To Save This Recipe?
PIN for later